Sunday, December 29, 2013

What is the best and worst investment you ever made and why? and Trade & Investment Convention, 2006 (Trinidad and Tobago)

What is the best and worst investment you ever made and why?



Best for me is a tax lien certificate that I bought years ago that paid out 17%. I've also invested in materials and supplies for a couple of rather successful businesses. The worst investment I made was an unsuccessful candy vending machine venture. I fronted $ 1500 years ago for the machines when I was trying to learn and get into business, and just thought the vending machines would do the work for me, but they didn't.


Investment best answer:

Answer by Jim Z
Best investments I have made are stocks that unexpectedly got bought out. Owned them for a short period of time, and the price doubled and trippled from my purchase price.
Worst...bought sugar as a commodity, price of sugar dropped dramatically, and the broker closed the account out. Lost everything.

You like 17%. Look at the stock AGNC it is paying almost 20% annually in dividends. It is a sleeper. On top of that, it trends up, and the stock itself went up On top of that, the stock went up an additional 36% last year. The stock has a great track record since inception. It is a real sleeper. I held back from buying it because it was too good to be true....best part, it is insured by the federal government.


Investment

Trade & Investment Convention, 2006 (Trinidad and Tobago)
Investment

Image by TaranRampersad



Orignal From: What is the best and worst investment you ever made and why? and Trade & Investment Convention, 2006 (Trinidad and Tobago)

No comments:

Post a Comment