Friday, December 27, 2013

Can I transfer my auto loan from one bank to my personal bank that I bank at? and NYC - Brooklyn - Fort Greene: Williamsburgh Savings Bank

Can I transfer my auto loan from one bank to my personal bank that I bank at?



I went through a dearlership to purchase a new vehicle a year ago. They go thru a certain bank to finace the loan. What I would like to do is take the auto loan from bank "A" and transfer the auto loan to my own personal bank "B" where I bank at. Can I do that without any problems?
I still have like 2 1 years to go on the loan yet to pay it off.


bank best answer:

Answer by rhsaunders
Sure -- if your personal bank is willing. Talk to them and see; they may -- or may not -- offer you a better deal than you have now. On my last car purchase, the dealer found a lender that offered a considerably better deal than my bank.


bank

NYC - Brooklyn - Fort Greene: Williamsburgh Savings Bank
bank

Image by wallyg
The Williamsburgh Savings Bank, at 1 Hanson Place, sometimes known as "Willie", is the tallest building in Brooklyn. At 512 feet (156 m) tall, it is also the second tallest building on Long Island. Its four-faced clock was the largest in the world in 1929, and held the title until 1962, when it was surpassed by the clocks on the Allen Bradley Building in Milwaukee. The dome-topped tower was originally built in Art Deco style from 1927-1929 by the architectural firm Halsey, McCormack and Helmer, for the Williamsburgh Savings Bank. It was later owned by its parent, Republic National Bank, and then, via a merger, by HSBC.

At its base, the building is embellished with relief carving--much of it evoking themes related to saving and thrift, including figures of bees, pelicans and squirrels, and metal grilles depicting four continents. The interior lobby is divided into a series of groin vaults covered with blue mosaics highlighted with gold stars. The doors leading into the 112-foot wide, 73-foot deep, and 63-foot high banking hall are ornamented with figures in metal by Rene Chambellan representing the working men who might deposit their savings at the bank. The basilica like form of the banking hall gives this space the feel of a cathedral of thrift. Twenty-two marbles were employed on the interior, for the walls, floors, columns, and decorative trim. Ornament includes symbols of commerce, thrift, industry, education, and finance; a mosaic ceiling with signs of the zodiac by Angelo Magneti; and a mosaic mural showing an aerial view of Brooklyn executed by Ravenna Mosaics of Berlin.

For years the building contained offices, notably dentists' offices; the New York Daily News once called it 'The Mecca of Dentistry'. Now HSBC has relocated across the street to 118 Flatbush Avenue. The building was sold to The Dermot Company and Canyon-Johnson Urban Funds LP, a joint venture backed by Magic Johnson in December 2004 and underwent a 5-million conversion into a 180-unit luxury condominium building, which went to market in 2006.

The Williamsburgh Savings Bank was designed a landmark by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission n 1977. Its interior was designated separately in 1996. The Brooklyn Academy of Music Historic District was designated by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission in 1978.

Williamsburgh Savings Bank National Register #80002642 (1980)
Fort Greene Historic District (Boundary Increase) National Register #84002451 (1984)



Orignal From: Can I transfer my auto loan from one bank to my personal bank that I bank at? and NYC - Brooklyn - Fort Greene: Williamsburgh Savings Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment