Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What should I do to become an investment banker? and Summer Reception - Green Investment Bank debate - 30 June 2010

What should I do to become an investment banker?



Hi, im in sixth form right now studying my a levels and I wanted to know what I should study at university to become an investment banker for a large investment bank such as Goldman Sachs or Merill Lynch, im in london and want to work in london and would like to know what to study at uni, what to do after uni and what is the average pay for an investment banker or broker, h
thanks.


Investment best answer:

Answer by Girl Banker
Hey

I started off at Goldman and just published a book about everything you need to do. In brief:

1. Study BA Economics - no need for the PhD(!)
2. Do an internship in the summer before your last year
3. You will start at a base of £45k or so. Bonuses can be 0% to 110% of base in year 1

All the detail here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Become-Investment-Banker-Highflying-ebook/dp/B008454VW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342595616&sr=8-1

Good luck
Heather


Investment

Summer Reception - Green Investment Bank debate - 30 June 2010
Investment

Image by Green Alliance



Orignal From: What should I do to become an investment banker? and Summer Reception - Green Investment Bank debate - 30 June 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment