Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How much math does a Phd in Finance need? and Museum of American Finance

How much math does a Phd in Finance need?



I'm an economics major and I know that a Phd in econ would require linear algebra, differential equations and real analysis, and the work requires countless proofs. Unfortunately I simply do not have the mathematical talent required for graduate economics. I am wondering if there are any finance graduate programs (that is not mathematical finance or financial engineering) that would not require the same level of math as an econ phd.


Finance best answer:

Answer by MathLover
The finance Master's students in my upper division math course have to take all those classes and more. In fact several are enrolled in graduate level math courses. They would basically qualify for a math minor. I'm sure a Ph.D. students need at least what my finance students do.


Finance

Museum of American Finance
Finance

Image by Avram Iancu
Muzeum Amerykańskich Finansów na Wall Street w Nowym Jorku



Orignal From: How much math does a Phd in Finance need? and Museum of American Finance

No comments:

Post a Comment